Finally, You have finished Your essay. You have even reread it and revised the content. Yet, before submitting it to Your professor, it is recommended to follow the below checklist points. These will allow You to be sure about correct structure, formatting and content of Your paper as well as remind You about meeting the initial assignment expectations:
- Check your word count. Does your essay correspond to the volume limits as per the assignment requirements?
- Did you summarize, paraphrase or quote all the sources in your text?
- Does each source have accurate in-text citations?
- Does each source have the correct reference list entry?
- If you used directly quoted material, is your quoted material 10% of your text or less?
- Does your thesis statement state an opinion (and not a fact), and is it in the introduction?
- Does each paragraph have a topic sentence, a concluding sentence and supporting ideas?
- Is each of your supporting ideas developed with quotes, details, examples, statistics, expert opinions, etc.?
- Does your concluding paragraph restate the thesis and communicate the purpose of the essay?
- Does your essay contain any run-ons or fragments?
- Does your essay contain mistakes in verb tenses, subject-verb agreement, pronoun agreement, spelling, capitalization, etc.?
- Is all your text in a Times New Roman, size 12 font (or one that is explicitly specified in the assignment requirements)?
- Is every first line of each paragraph indented?
- Does the title page contain all the information required (your name, ID#, instructor’s name, course, date, etc.)?
Feel free to submit your essay if you answered YES to all of the above questions. Otherwise, fix the corresponding item and re-read it again.
Source: AEssay Team
Key words: essay, essay checklist, check essay before submitting
If You find this article not helpful enough or You are not sure how to write a well-structured and correctly formatted essay, You can order it from our AEssay Custom Writing Team here.